Translate

Sunday 5 June 2016

Do the Robot

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend, it is glorious here in Bridlington though a little chilly out of the sun. It's my great-nephew's birthday later on this month so I've made him a card - aren't I organised (lol, not really). I got some Dovecraft small stamp sets from Craft Stash recently and one of them was a robot. which reminded me of another robot stamp I own and haven't used called "Roger Robot" by Woodware. The robot stamp is in parts which makes it perfect for making a movable robot card and that's what I've made.

Roger doing the Robot

I stamped the robot parts onto super smooth card and coloured it the images in with Flex Markers then fussy cut them all out. I used a pokey tool to put holes through the parts and added the head and limbs to the body using grey brads. I added Glossy Accents to the eyes and red elements on the robot and left it to dry. I embossed a piece of purple pearlised metallic card using the CC Just For Men Signature Collection by Sara Davies Pop Dotty embossing folder and went over the embossing with a silver gilding wax. I adhered this to a panel of black card and made a card blank out of more super smooth white card. I added the panel and decorated the inside of the card with a Dovecraft sentiment and Robot stamp. I coloured them both in with Flex Markers. Once the Glossy Accents were dry, I added the Robot to the front using foam tape on the torso only so that the arms, legs and head can be moved. Here are some more photos including the decorated handmade envelope.








The star and the "sending smiles across the miles" stamped images were made using Jillibean Soup stamp set "Flying High" which I also got in my Craft Stash order.

I hope you like my latest card, I really like Roger's movable parts and I hope my Great-Nephew likes it too. Hopefully I'll have some time later to make a few more cards. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them below and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx