Translate

Thursday 16 June 2016

Get Well Pop up Flower Box card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well, it's nearly the weekend again which means even more time for crafting - yay. I'm still sort of missing my mojo but I have made some cards or at least started them. I'd like to share a get well/thinking of you card I've made for Chris's step-grandad. He came to visit recently and wasn't feeling well so my in-laws took him to the local hospital, unfortunately they managed to miss the fact that the poor man has an abscess on his appendix and he's now in St James' hospital being nursed back to enough health that he can be operated on for a second time (first time was keyhole to drain the abscess). I know a lot of hospitals in the UK have banned flowers from the wards so I decided to send Gramps a pop up box card filled with flowers (manly flowers of course!) to brighten up his bedside and to let him know that he's in our thoughts and prayers.





Envelope made using Mr Mister scrapbook double sided paper




Flowers are seen to be a feminine card item so I tried to make this card be more masculine by using Kraft card for the card blank and decorating it with wood plank printed paper panels from the Papermania Mr Mister double sided 12" x 12" scrapbook paperstack. I've used a different colour palette to the one I'd use for a female card and although there is a bit of pink amongst the flowers it's a special paper which changes colour as it is moved and the light hits it so I think it's gender neutral. I used a number of dies most of which came free with different magazines the exceptions being the two sizes of pointed ending petal flowers and the leaves.  The card was made in the usual way and the only real difference construction wise is that I used thicker widths of acetate than usual so that I had something to stick the leaves and flower heads to.

I'm hoping to have another card to share with you later on today or tomorrow - it needs to dry first before I can take any photos of it. As always if you have any questions or comments about the card featured in this blog post then please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx