Translate

Sunday 18 November 2018

Making a list and checking it twice! Mini clipboard for Christmas lists

Hello crafty friends and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend, it's been rather quiet here in my crafty nook and I haven't been able to craft as much as I'd like because I managed to strain my right hand side coughing. It feels a lot better than it did when I first did it but it still really hurts to move so I've been taking things easy. I have managed to make a mini Christmas Village themed clipboard to keep all my Christmas lists in one place. I love making lists (and crossing things off) and at this very busy time of the year it makes sense to keep them together. The clipboard didn't take very long to make and is made from a spare piece of mount board which I covered with half a sheet of scrapbook paper taken from the Dovecraft Christmas Village 12"x12" pack. It was stuck down to the board with a combination of red liner tape and glue as I want to use this during the Christmas runup for years to come. I have some mini binder clips on my desk which I usually use to hold things together while glue is drying and I thought I could spare one for this project. I was planning on sticking it to the board using hot glue but realised that the opening and closing action would quickly work the binder clip loose. I decided to add a slit to the board and thread the back of the clip through leaving the lever and front of the binder on the decorated side. I cut a little bit more than I should so covered the excess cut marks with large adhesive gems. I added some smaller gems to the clip then cut some printer paper to 4" wide by 8", stacked them together and added them under the clip. At this point I decided to make a pen loop out of a scrap of paper from the same collection and I added it to the left hand side with some strong glue. I'm left handed which is why the pen is on the 'wrong' side of the clipboard. ********************************************* I hope you like my little project, I absolutely love my prize from Making Cards magazine and have loads more projects whizzing around my head - it's just finding the time and space to make them! If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting! ********************************************* Love and crafty hugs Sarah xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx