Translate

Sunday 12 June 2016

Verity Rose Split Panel Birthday Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend - are there any other football widows out there? Chris my husband is very much into sports and he usually listens on his DAB radio because of his sight issues but he actually kicked me out of the lounge yesterday so he could watch the England match *yawns*. It meant I missed The Musketeers on BBC1 but that's love for you! Let's just say he'll be buying me lots of craft goodies for the next few weeks or so lol.

My craft mojo has upped and left me (just when I need it most!) so I've not actually finished anything new since my last blog post but as it's my auntie's birthday today I can finally share the card I made her.

Just My Cup of Tea Split Panel Card

Close up of Shaped topper

CC Verity Rose Cupcake image coloured with Sparkle pens

Cupcake themed envelope made with WRMK Envelope Punch Board

I used scraps of Crafter's Companion Kimono 8" x 8" paperstack for the decorated panels and coloured the CC Verity Rose 'Cupcake' image in using Promarkers for the skin and hair and Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens for the rest of the image. I intended for the diecut panel to be straight on the right hand side and curved on the left but I didn't stick my card to the die and it shifted as I ran it through the Big Shot, to salvage the image I trimmed both sides straight so it had a curve top and bottom as shown. I added two strips of card coloured with one of the Sparkle pens  to tie the card together as it looked a bit bare with the wide spaces of white on the topper. I quite like how it turned out #happyaccident! I've made a lot of these cards so if you want the instructions then please check out the other blog posts (all this year so just click on this year's archive). One of the things I love about this style of card is that you can make two cards out of one sheet of A4 card and it's a good way to use up those smaller scraps of background paper. The envelope was made using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board and a sheet of decorative paper that came from Pound Land a few years ago. The cupcake theme tied nicely into the card and I just added a plain label to the front for the address before I sent it - though the pattern is pale enough to probably get away with just writing straight onto the envelope.

I'm hoping my mojo comes back soon or I may have to resort to watching/listening to football with Chris! Hopefully I'll have something to add here soon. As always if you have any comments or questions then please leave them in the usual places, I'd love to hear from you and until the next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx