Thursday, 23 October 2014

Fed Up with FedEx! A Rant I'm afraid!

Hello crafty peeps, welcome to my crafty nook!

I haven't been writing this blog for that long but one of the things I've tried to be in my postings is honest and fair, if a company hasn't been able to provide me with a service (see Seriously Impressed... 9/9/14) through no fault of their own, I haven't named them as it would be unfair to imply bad service when it's as a result of events beyond their control. However I feel the need to name and shame FedEx after the experience I've had with them lately. On the 10th October 2014 I placed an order with one of my favourite online craft shops Every Crafts A Pound ( and as always I got a series of emails informing me of the status of my order. On Monday 13th October I got an email around 12.30pm saying my order had been dispatched and I anticipated it coming either the next day or Wednesday. So I stayed in and waited but no parcel arrived and nothing was in my post box so I stayed in all day Thursday and then Friday. By Saturday I was getting a little bit fed up so I emailed Every Craft's A Pound asking if they knew why it was taking so long for my parcel to arrive. Martin Crowther from ECAP quickly replied saying he wasn't sure why my parcel hadn't arrived and that he would ring them on Monday, he attached the FedEx status report regarding my order and the last thing recorded was Address Query on the 17th October and it also said that a delivery had been attempted on the 15/10/14 with a card left. This wasn't the first order I've had from ECAP in fact this would have been the 18th delivery to my address in three years. I looked online for FedEx customer services and typically they weren't available over the weekend so I sent them an email about the situation and highlighting the fact that according to the status report a card had been left on the 15th which was a total lie!

Monday 20th October: I rang the customer services number displayed on the FedEx Website and eventually got transferred to Christine at the UK customer services. She told me my package was on its way for delivery that day and because it was possible that my package was being delivered by a new driver she emailed the depot with my instructions on how to get to my home from the main road. I'm the first to admit that where I live is a tad confusing - for some reason part of it is at the bottom of the hill and the rest is round a bend and up the side of the hill and there is a street with a different name in between (when I first moved here I thought it was just a very small street!). I updated Martin by email and he replied that he'd also rung customer services and he was told that they would speak to the depot and my delivery would happen the next day (21st). So we now had two conflicting pieces of information and yet again I was stuck indoors to wait for my parcel to be delivered. 5pm came and went with no sign of my delivery so I rang customer services for a second time, spoke to someone else who told me that because there hadn't been any tracking inputting since Thursday there was a chance that my parcel had been "misplaced" and that I needed to get Martin to ring them ASAP (please note that's it's me having to do all the chasing here! - why FedEx couldn't contact Martin I've no idea!) So yet another email to Martin who'd left for home. I checked my emails at 6.15pm (ish) and discover an email from FedEx time stamped 18.50+2.00 which I assume means it came from abroad as time travel even in cyber space isn't possible as far as I know! It said my 12 digit tracking number wasn't correct and I had to provide certain information so that they could help me with my query. I replied at 18.34 with the requested information and pointed out that is wasn't surprising they'd had trouble getting the consignment details from the 12 digit tracking number because it only had ELEVEN numbers and for their information it was definitely the correct ELEVEN digit number because I had just inputted it into their tracking system and it came up with all my details.

Tuesday 21st October: After another poor night's sleep (I don't handle stress well and being cooped up inside was seriously stressing me out!) I dragged myself out of bed and got dressed etc ready to wait in again for the parcel. At 8.32am  Martin rings me to let me know that he had spoken to FedEx again and that they promised to deliver it that day and it was already in the van (is this sounding familiar to anyone??). It should be with me by 4.30pm at the latest but just in case he gave me the number of the depot in Knaresborough so I could contact them myself if it hadn't arrived by then. I waited and I waited and I waited but woo hoo surprise surprise, 4.30pm and no parcel! I rang the depot, spoke to some bloke who sounded as fed up as I was feeling and was told that my parcel was still in the warehouse and had been in there since Thursday. He did apologise and promised to dig out my parcel and put it on the desk of his colleague who started work at 4am the next morning who would ensure it went out first thing and that it would definitely be delivered the next day. So yet another email update to Martin! Martin replies and promises to ring FedEx in the morning.

Today Wednesday 22nd October 2014: Yet another bad night - I'm getting seriously frazzled at this point and have flu like symptoms. 8.18am an email from Martin - parcel has been scanned and is marked for early delivery but if I haven't by 11.30am to let him know. 11.30am guess what - no parcel so I ring Martin and we decide that he's going to ring yet again and he would ring me or email if there wasn't going to be a delivery today. At 13.45 a white van pulls up and I walk down the stair and wait in the lobby for my parcel and finally I have it! "There's been a bit of drama about this parcel," the delivery man says. "Yes I know - I've been waiting in for it since last Tuesday!" I said with gritted teeth.

I take it back to my flat and notice the parcel has not one but two bright yellow stickers on it saying, deliver before 9am. Do FedEx work to a different time zone perhaps??? Before I even opened it I emailed Martin to let him know it had finally arrived (after so much interaction with him this week, I almost added a x to my name!)

I want to stress here that in no way do I have any problem with Every Craft's A Pound - Martin has been brilliant helping getting this sorted and once Christmas is over and done with I'll be placing another order with them (do you realise Christmas is only 62 days away - how scary is that!). My problem is with FedEx and it isn't even the delay that annoys me but the lies and excuse the language bull crap they tell you. A genuine apology wouldn't go amiss either,

Well that's my rant over for now! I hope you've managed to bear with me and you'll excuse me using my blog to complain about poor service - but everyone has to vent sometimes!

I'm off to play with my new craft goodies (they are fantastic btw!) and I'll be sharing the ECAP haul with you in the next few days once I've regained my inner calm lol. Until then - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,
Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx