Translate

Monday 20 July 2015

A card for Adam

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook. I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend. I'd like to share a card that I made for my lovely friend Adam. It was his birthday last week and I think he must have got it by now.

I Like Big Books,,,

Adam likes reading almost as much as I do so I thought he'd like this CAS card featuring this cute bookworm stamp from Clearly Besotted Stamps (Bookworm Additions) it has a matching die but I decided to fussy cut it out. The balloon diecut was made using a die that came free with Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine. The books that "Bookie" is standing on were from the Simply Gorguss stamp "New Heights" and I inked the books and wiped off any ink that got on the girl part of the stamp. All the elements of the image were coloured in using Flexmarkers. I wrapped some baker's twine around the knot of the balloon and tied it to Bookie's tail.

I really like this card, it was quite fiddly doing the books but well worth the effort (I stamped it a couple of times because although the stamp looked clean it left traces on the first attempt). The Bookworm Additions have some long flags included with funny book related sentiments (Get lost! In a good book... for example) but I couldn't work out where to place one on this card so I left the outside sentiment free.

Close up of "Bookie"

Card for Adam
Just a short post this time, I'm working on a few things but some are for a competition so I won't be posting them on here until they are finished and sent off. I've removed the anyone can comment feature of this blog after getting even more spam than usual, I'm sorry if this puts you off commenting on the blog, if it hasn't I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments on this card and any other featured on my blog, so please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx