Translate

Sunday 5 July 2015

Cards as promised

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend, I'm going through one of those pesky crafty plateaux that a lot of crafters experience at some point or another, I want to craft and indeed I go in my crudy and make things or at least start things, but nothing really sparks my imagination at the moment. Maybe it's the weather, the humidity and closeness is physically draining so perhaps it's having a draining effect on my creativity too. As a result I've nothing particularly new to share but I thought you might like to see the cards I made for a couple of friends that I mentioned in my last post. Both cards are very simple in style.

Card for Adam
I actually had the residue of a migraine when I made this card which is the main reason for keeping it simple. I stamped out each letter using a Dimension Forth stamp set that I recently got in an order from Every Craft's A Pound which were only £2 for the set. They are a good size and stamp really well - I'm a huge fan of Dimension Forth stamps unfortunately I've just check the website and they're not selling them at the moment. I fussy cut the letters out and coloured them using FlexMarkers. I made a black card blank and stuck the letters on it landscape as shown. It seemed a bit bare so I added a strip of blue striped washi tape to the bottom and added a panel of white card to the inside to write on.

"Plastered" Get Well Card
The second card I'd like to share is a get well card for a friend's son who broke his arm at school. I thought this quirky plaster covered card would be a fun one to send him as he'd got his arm in a pot (got plastered as it were). The plaster was one from a stamp set by Unity Stamps and has some germ/monsters as well as a couple of sentiments but not a Get Well Soon stamp surprisingly. This stamp was a wood mounted stamp from The Works. I coloured the plasters in using Blush FlexMarker. I really like this card as it's a bit different from the usual Get Well Cards available. If I'm honest I often have a hard time making Get Well Cards for some reason so I was really pleased to get the idea for it quite quickly. I believe Lawn Fawn do a get well stamp set with a plaster or band aid as they probably call it and theirs has a smiley face on it. I think it would be sweet to have this design of card with one smiley faced plaster in the middle, I suppose I could draw one next time but as I lack artistic ability I always find my added drawn embellishments to be a bit awkward looking.

I hope you like my recent creations, hopefully my craft mojo will come back as the weather cools down and I'll have some cards/projects to share with you soon. As always if you have any questions or comments then leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx