Translate

Thursday 16 July 2015

Candy Crush Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I've made a card for the Passion For ProMarkers Blog challenge this week, please click here for details or if you want to enter a card of your own, http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/week-305candy-crush.html. This week's theme is Candy Crush so I've made a fairly simple card using a Tatty Twinkle stamp from the Fairground collection (that's what I call it anyway).

Candy Crush Card

I'm afraid the quality of the photo isn't great but I've taken some close ups which I'll add further down. I coloured Tatty's dress in red stripes to match the backing paper (free with this month's Simply Homemade Magazine) because it reminded me of the paper bags you sometimes get sweets in. The Tatty Twinkles stamp actually has Tatty holding a bag with a goldfish in but I carefully wiped the ink off that part of the stamp before using it then made a post-it note mask using the stamp and cut out the bag area. I carefully placed this over the stamped image and stamped over it using a stamp set called "Sweet Treats" that I got free with a magazine quite a few years ago, it's actually a jar of sweets with a for you label on it but by lining it up carefully over the cut away part of the mask I just got some sweets stamped instead of the whole image. The Sweet Moment shield was stamped twice using a stamp taken from a Kaisercraft stamp set called "Spring Blooms" once using a water based felt tip called "Candy Floss" by Whispers and the second using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured over the inner part of the shield using a Sea Mist Flexmarker, fussy cut it out and layered it over the pink shield using foam tape. Tatty was coloured using Flexmarkers and I went over the knots in the hair bows, the flake, Tatty's shoes and the sweets with Glossy Accents - I'm a newbie when it comes to Glossy Accents and I'm love the stuff but I have noticed it fades reds to oranges when you use it. I went over the sea mist coloured part of the shield with clear Wink of Stella then added Glossy Accents over that. I think the shield is my favourite part of this card! I matted the stamped image onto black card then the striped paper and then added it to a 5.5" square card blank that I made from 250gsm cardstock.





I think this is quite a cute card, not really sure who'll end up receiving it as I have cards planned for the next few birthdays. I enjoyed following the challenge though especially as I got to eat a few Skittles as I was making it (I thought they'd be cute to use in the photo layouts) and after the photos were taken ;).

I'll be sharing Adam's card in the next day or two once I know he's received it so please keep an eye out for a new post - why don't you click on the sidebar and follow me so you never miss a new post? As always if you have any questions or comments relating to this post or crafting then please look to the usual places. I'm still getting anonymous spam messages so I shall be removing that feature shortly, I'm very sorry if this makes it harder for you to leave a comment but I'd rather spend my spare time crafting instead of policing my comment section. Until the next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxxx

1 comment:

  1. What a little sweetie! Love the cute image. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx