|Tatty Twinkles Time Flies|
I've had this stamp set for quite a while but it's the first time I've used it, I decided to do a bit of a stash raid and use some papers I've been hoarding for yonks. The base layer used a sheet of A4 cut down to 7.5" square and was taken from the Nancy Watt Collection called "Summer Ladies" that came free with Making Cards Magazine August 2012, I love the papers in this collection which is why I've not used them before now. I'm starting to wonder if I should invest in a decent printer and start using craft CDs because I have a tendency to hoard the papers I like the most if I only have one set of them (my mind goes you've only got one sheet of that and if you use it on a card it'll be GONE!!!) I try to buy at least two sets of papers so I can keep one set and use the other but I'm slowly running out of space to store them all and it seems a bit of a waste not to use them. The next two layers were taken from a HOTP sarabooks amethyst scrap kit that I've had at least 6 years and not really used and I used the scraps left from the layering to make the purple circle frame, butterflies, flourish and flower. The circle frame was made using a Bigz large circle die and the largest circle from Spellbinders Nestabilities circle dies which is smaller than the Bigz die. The butterflies were cut and embossed using a Sizzix Stampin' Up! Embosslits called "Beautiful Wings". The flourish was cut twice using a Crafts Too die and I flipped the flourish on the left so it mirrored the one on the right. The flower was made using the flower die that came free with Crafter's Companion Inspiration Magazine previously mentioned on this blog. I cut it twice using the dream paper and the shimmer paper and rubbed around the edges using a ball tool and embossing mat to shape the petals, I then layered them together and stuck them using Tattered Lace detail glue which I also used to stick down the frame, double flourish and butterflies - everything else was stuck down using Collall all purpose glue. The card base is a 8" scalloped square one taken from my stash. The Tatty Twinkles image was coloured in using a combination of Flexmarkers and Kaiserfusion markers.
As with most of my cards, this is quite a simple one but it's the first time I've attempted using a frame I've diecut myself and I'm rather pleased that I managed to get it even - I'm sure it's a lot easier to do with matching Nestabilities dies rather than cutting out using two different brands. The butterflies, flourishes and flower were embellished with purple gems.
|Close up of topper|
|Close up of flower|
My lovely pack of goodies arrived on Tuesday and I'll be adding a post about what I got in the next few days. As always if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!
Love and crafty hugs,