Translate

Friday 26 June 2015

Prom Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I can't believe it's Friday again already and it's a very special Friday as it's my niece's Prom tonight.

My beautiful niece all ready for her Prom

Doesn't she look gorgeous in her dress??
To celebrate her prom and the end of her school year (college in September!) I made Charlie a card with a dress similar to the one she's wearing only the one I did is a bit more Big Fat Gypsy Wedding!

Prom Card for Charlie
A few months ago I got some printed uncoloured toppers from Every Crafts A Pound called "Grandma's Wardrobe" and a selection of 50 Dimension Forth Stamps for £10. All the clothes (plus a few more that I couldn't fit in the wardrobe) came from this stamp goody bag. I stamped them onto card, coloured them in using FlexMarkers (my favourite colour medium at the moment) and then fussy cut them out. I decorated the purple dress using nail art gems and a touch of clear Wink of Stella marker. I fastened the clothes onto mini wire coat hangers using waxed cord and washi tape. I coloured Grandma's Wardrobe using FlexMarkers and carefully cut around three sides of the left hand door so it could be opened. I added square brads to the doors and drawers as shown. I coloured in a length of bamboo skewer to make it look like a clothes rail and then I added a double thickness of black foam tape around the edges of the wardrobe making sure I 'trapped' the rail between them. I then added this panel to some kraft coloured card stock. I added a panel of holographic film to the back of the open door to make a mirror then added clothes to the rail and to the outside of the wardrobe as shown. I then adhered the wardrobe topper onto an A6 card blank.







I'm quite pleased with how this card turned out although I need to find a better way to stick the clothes to the wire coat hangers.

I've got a few more cards I'd like to work on now my crudy is nearly organised so I hope to have a couple of cards to share with you over the weekend. If you have any comments or questions then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx