Translate

Monday 8 June 2015

Crafty update and a crudy reshuffle

hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! As regular readers of this blog will know, we had our kitchen completely gutted and a new one put in a few months ago and it left me with a breakfast bar I'm reluctant to get rid of just because it cost more than I wanted to spend and I basically want to get my money's worth! This breakfast bar has been cluttering up my lounge for months and has ended up becoming a dumping ground for all the stuff that should have a home but for some reason don't. I finally had enough of trying to work around it so I've decided to dedicate this week to half emptying my crudy and finding a new home for the breakfast bar, this will probably mean I won't have a great deal of time for either crafting or blogging. I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be back to regular posts next week at the latest and to say sorry for not being around this week. I'd like to share my latest crafty buy, my lovely hubby passed on a £15 gift voucher for W H Smiths that he hadn't used and I put it towards a set of 36 watercolouring pencils in a wooden case and a pad of watercolouring paper that still has to arrive. The pencils are fantastic and unlike ones I've bought recently are actually water soluble!

A rainbow of colours

Art set includes sketch pad and pencil, two brushes and water bottle, sponge and tray

Here's my first picture - image from issue 1 Art Therapy.

First image coloured with new pencils
I can certainly see why adult colouring books have become increasingly popular, there is something deeply therapeutic about colouring in a repeating pattern - it gets you in the 'zone'. I'm looking forward to colouring these images from Art Therapy using my Promarkers however as the company who supplies Art Therapy is experiencing "distribution problems", I won't be able to colour them in any time soon. Although I'm a subscriber so far all I've been sent in two months is issue 1 without pencils, and issues 6 and 7. The pencils finally turned up a month after the first issue and I haven't had any of the subscription free gifts yet - to be honest I consider them to be in breach of contract and if I don't receive the missing issues soon and the free gifts I shall be reporting the situation to Trading Standards. I'm not the only person who has experienced rubbish service from Hachette Partworks.

Anyway mini rant over, as always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the ususal places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,


Sarah xxx

2 comments:

  1. proЬɑЬly tɦis is my initiɑl toսcɦ սpon yoսr ѡeЬsite, սnintentionɑlly I
    ɑm jսst seɑrcɦing for mɑteriɑl "Blogger: Sarah's Crafty Nook" ѡitɦ Google, ɑs ѡell
    ɑs it tսrns oսt ѡe find tɦis sort of sսЬstɑnce tɦroսgɦ yoսr site.
    Tɦis pɑrticսlɑr ɑѡesome! My pɑrtner ɑnd i completely ɑcknoѡledge tɦe ɑctսɑl ideɑs creɑted in mɑteriɑls yoս "Blogger: Sarah's Crafty Nook," ɦoѡever..
    Noѡ i'm troսЬle ѡitɦ ɑll yoսr ѡeЬsite FEED :( ѡɦen i do not
    knoѡ exɑctly ѡɦy I cɑn't sսЬscriЬe to, since my ѡeЬ pɑge cɑn eɑsily enroll in RSS OR ɑTOM, yoս cɑn vieѡ tɦɑt Ьeloѡ.


    Is tɦere someone else ѡɦo ɦɑve tɦe sɑme troսЬle?
    if yoս experience mɑke sսre yoս respond?

    ɑppreciɑte it!

    Tressler

    my page look here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tressler, I'm sorry you're having difficulty with the blog feed, I'm afraid I'm a very basic blogger and I don't know how to solve your problem. If you click on my sidebar there are three options to subscribe, the first two are Google + and Google + Followers, you need to set up a Google + account but it's really easy to do so (it would have to be or I wouldn't have one!). The third option is to subscribe by email which means if you put your email address in the follow by email box you will automatically get the new complete post send to you by email usually within 24 hours of the post going live. I know this option definitely works because I subscribe to my post this way myself to check that it works okay. I hope this has addressed your issues and I'm sorry I can't advice you on the RSS Feed option. Crafty hugs, Sarah x

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx