Translate

Sunday 1 February 2015

Tatty Twinkles Card for Millie

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! Can you believe it's February already!!! It's typical February weather here and it sounds like a gale's blowing outside so I'm very relieved to be tucked up warm indoors. I mentioned in my last posting that it's my niece's birthday next week so as promised I'd like to share the card I've made for her. Originally I wanted to combine the Clearly Besotted stamp set "Life's a Circus"- ( which incidentally is currently part of the up to 75% clearance sale over at Clearly Besotted stamps and is reduced from £9.00 to only £3.15!! Guess which price I paid - grr) - with Tatty Twinkles "Goldfish" stamps but I couldn't get them to look right together. So I decided to just concentrate on using the TT Goldfish stamps.

Tatty Twinkles "Goldfish" 8" x 8" scalloped card
I stamped the TT image onto a sheet of white 300gsm card stock * cut to 5" x 5" * using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it in using ProMarkers and Kaisercraft Fusion Alcohol markers for the sky and water. As regular readers know I love my ProMarkers and have all the single to buy colours (though not the limited editions sets) but I've found that things like ice, snow, glass and water are quite difficult to find the right shade of ProMarker to colour them in with. I don't have the necessary skill to blend the right colours with the pens I have so I bought some Kaisercraft Fusion pens from Every Craft's A Pound to bridge the gap. Please note that I don't use them on card entries for the ProMarker Challenges or at least I haven't up to now, my main image is always done with ProMarkers otherwise it would be cheating and what's the point of that? If I use any other colouring medium (usually chalks for the sky as you get a cloud look without having to mask off areas) I always put it in the text. Anyway back to the card I coloured Tatty Twinkles in using the ProMarkers but coloured the water in the goldfish bag using 'Frost' KC fusion pen and the sky with 'Arctic'. I dotted Tatty's hair ribbons with Sakura Gell Roll Clear Star pen and added it to her shoes and the pocket of her pinafore. I coated the water part of the goldfish bag with clear wink of stella.Once I was happy with the colouring I matted the finished image onto black card cut to 5.5" x 5.5" and then layered this onto a sheet of paper taken from a 6" x 6" paper pad by Crafter's Companion called 'Everyday with Barkley' which are double sided. I matted this onto black card cut to 6.5" square. I covered an 8" square scalloped card blank with holographic film which I bought from The Works - its really pretty but extremely difficult to cut with a paper trimmer and even harder to trim around the scallop edges. I centred the image onto the holographic card blank as shown. I made the flower using a second sheet of the double sided designer paper from CC and "Daisies" Sizzix Bigz die. I laid each flower shape on the underside of a mouse mat and using a circular motion with a ball tool rubbed the outer part of the centre causing the petals to stick up and outwards - I wanted the flower to mimic the spikiness of Tatty's hair. The die cuts the centre out of each flower layer which makes it a little bit difficult to layer the different sizes together so I cut a rough circle out of card and stuck the largest flower onto it then layered the smaller sizes onto it using tacky glue, once it had dried I added a half backed pearl and used red liner tape to stick it to the card. The "Goldfish" stamp set has a number of other stamps aside from the main image and one of them is a ticket, I stamped this out onto a scrap of card and fussy cut around it. I then coloured over it using Pale Pink ProMarker which I also used on Tatty's dress. I made the Happy Birthday ticket by die cutting a Tim Holtz ticket strip using white card, I tore one of the tickets off the strip and stamped the ticket outline using a Ticket themed stamp set by Kanban (came out 2012), once the ink was dry I coloured over it using Rose Pink ProMaker and highlighted parts of both tickets using the clear star gell roll pen. I cut two lengths of craft wire, one pink and the other pale purple and using a paintbrush handle wrapped one rotation of wire around it to form a loop with each piece of coloured wire. I carefully removed the looped wire from the handle and circled the wire around the loops to form flat spirals. I twisted the bottom of the two pieces of wire together then adhered them under the flower using a pop glue dot. I added the tickets to the spirals as shown. I haven't decorated the inside of the card yet but there are lots of fairground themed stamps included in the stamp set.

Here are a few more photos of the finished card.


Close up of spiky daisy and ticket embellishments



Close up of Tatty Twinkles - so cute!

SUPPLIES USED

Tatty Twinkles "Goldfish" stamp set

Kanban Tickets stamp set (2012)

Crafter's Companion Everyday with Barkley Luxury Designer Paper Pad

Sizzix Daisy Bigz Die

Tim Holtz tickets strip die

Craft wire in pink and purple

Half backed pearl

Card stock in white and black

Holograpic adhesive film

ProMarkers in: Rose Pink, Pale Pink, Baby Pink, Oatmeal, Vanilla, Soft Peach, Caramel, Cocktail Pink, Sandstone, Pastel Beige, Cool Grey 4 + 5, Black, Walnut, Pumpkin, Clear Blender.

Kaisercraft Fusion Alcohol Ink Pens in Arctic and Frost

Clear Wink of Stella Brush Marker

Sakura Gell Roll pen in Clear Star

I've really enjoyed making this card for Millie and I hope she likes it too. I'm expecting a delivery from Sizzix on Monday - it was ordered 16/1/15! - which I will share once it's arrived. If you have any questions or comments then please leave them below. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx