Translate

Wednesday 25 February 2015

P is for Professor.

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! A special welcome to my new follower Natalie "Hallo Natalie, ich danke Ihnen für immer ein Anhänger." I hope that is correct - I used Google Translate! As promised I have another card to share with you, this time it's my entry for the Passion for ProMarkers Blog Challenge week 285 - Letters of the Alphabet. I bought some Morehead stamp sets from Crafter's Companion from the sales section and I've been dying to try them out. For this card I used the set called 'Professor' and teamed it with papers taken from the DCWV paper stack called 'Homeroom'. I am very lucky to have quite a few of the older DCWV 12" x 12" paper and card packs because I won them about two years ago from QCME magazine. I've been subscribing to Quick Cards Made Easy magazine for years and one of the best things about it used to be a monthly card making competition which unfortunately they stopped over a year ago to have giveaways instead. I loved the challenge of coming up with a card to fit the theme (rather like I do with the PFP challenge) and over the years I've won around half a dozen times though I only had a card featured once (they only showed 3 cards but had prizes for 10), funny enough the one card they featured was my least favourite, it had to be based on a Christmas carol or song and I chose "Santa Baby"  - it was far too cluttered for my taste.

P is for Professor
I cut the papers to size and rounded the corners of the black patterned paper and stuck them down with glue in the above arrangement then I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with ProMarkers. I fussy cut around the image and adhered it to the card using foam tape. I die cut an apple using a die from Clearly Besotted Stamps and covered the main part of it with Versamark ink and covered that with Claret embossing powder which I heat set using a heat tool. Once it had cooled down I covered the leaf and stem section with Versamark ink and green embossing powder which I also heat set. When I was using the heat tool I held the apple using a pair of tweezers and heated it from the back to get a smooth finish. Once it was cool I added a clear gem and attached it to the card using Dovecraft Clear 3D Pearl Effects. I added 3 stars in different colours and sizes to the top left hand side as shown.

Close up of the Professor



I'm afraid this picture doesn't show how shiny this apple really is :(



I'm trying something new for taking photos and although they're not as crisp as I'd like, I do think the quality is slightly better than normal. I hope you've enjoyed sharing my latest card - I don't have any plans for it at the moment but I think it would make a great card for a boy finishing Primary school and starting high school. I'm sure my beloved hubby would say it's too cutesy for a boy *rolls eyes*.

As always if you have any comments or questions, please leave them in the section below or use the comments form in the sidebar. I love reading all your comments and try to leave a reply promptly on the post it's addressing. I'm in the process of making a first anniversary card for one of my favourite friends but I won't be sharing it until the actual day. I've got three mother's day cards to make too so hopefully I'll have something to share with you all very soon, until then - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love this image and your papers are lush. Thank you for joining in my Alphabet Challenge at PFP and good luck!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat, I really enjoyed your challenge - as soon as I saw what it was I knew I'd be using these stamps and papers. I love this stamp, he's so cute! Crafty hugs, Sarah x

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love the cute image and wonderful papers.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I really love taking part in the PFP challenges - even if I don't make any other cards I'm happy knowing I've made one every week. Crafty hugs, Sarah xxx

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet card Sarah, love the theme and thes little morehead professor is adorable! Many thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers this week! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Donna. I'm really loving the Morehead stamps at the moment. They're not the biggest of stamps but have a lot of detail to them which makes them perfect for ProMarker colouring. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's challenge! Crafty hugs, Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx