Translate

Monday 23 February 2015

Card Share - Then I really "mustache" lol

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did. I think having the girls to stay has worn Chris out, that and staying up until 4.30 am listening to the cricket because he's gone back to bed, bless him. Gives me a chance to add a post about the card I made for my sister's partner Simon though so I'm not going to complain.

I always find men's cards challenging, even more now since my beloved told me "Men don't like cards featuring rabbits going fishing!" - cheers for that little nugget dear husband, now what I'm I supposed to put on male relatives cards??? After seeing this card Chris wants a mustache card too and he'll be getting a rabbit fishing card WEARING A FALSE MUSTACHE card and like it lol.

For screen villains everywhere....
I made this card using a Darice Mustache embossing folder which I covered with white pigment ink on the negative side so the kraft card that I put inside got swiped with colour on the background but the embossed mustaches remained mostly kraft colour, I rather like the chalky effect you get using this method. I diecut the mustaches out of plain white card using a Cat's Pajamas die set and I coloured in the diecuts using ProMarkers. The sentiment came from the coordinating stamp set and both are available from My Mum's Craft Shop for £10 for both in the sale clearance section. Just a little word of warning though, I've ordered twice from this site and both times I've been contacted by the owner to say that one of  stamps I've ordered was no longer available and as they were from the clearance they wouldn't be getting any more in. As much as I appreciate getting the option to have a refund or a replacement item (one site I went to just refunded me when an item was out of stock!) it's a bit disappointing to have to change my order twice in a row, so although I'd recommend this site don't have your heart set on the clearance items as you may be disappointed. Of course they may have sorted out their computer glitches by now. Anyway back to the card - I stamped a speech bubble around the Curses! Foiled again sentiment using a stamp taken from Clearly Besotted Stamps set called "You Said It!" which I fussy cut round as I don't have the coordinating dies. The largest mustache and the speech bubble were both stuck to the embossed panel using double sided adhesive foam tape. The three smaller mustaches were glued down using Dovecraft's clear 3D Pearl Effects as I wanted to use a quick drying strong adhesive on the uneven surface. I rounded the bottom two corners using scissors then layered it onto black card and finally onto a pre-scored card blank.

Inside of the card
I used a sentiment taken from another Mustache themed stamp set but this one is by Hunkydory, the mustaches above and below are from the Cat's Pajamas stamp set and I left them uncoloured.


I stamped this fun sentiment onto the flap of the envelope as a bit of a teaser to the contents.

Tomorrow is Tuesday which means another challenge over at the Passion For ProMarkers blog so hopefully I'll have a new card to share with you all in the next few days. I find some challenges easier than others which is why I sometimes post the day after but if I find the challenge difficult it takes longer for it to be posted as I need more thinking time - sometimes of course I'm overwhelmed by choice which takes me even longer still! I'm not sure how the other bloggers do it but I make a new card for each new challenge, I don't just adapt what I've already got made. My reason for taking part in the challenges is to stretch myself creatively and practice my ProMarker colouring techniques so if I just added a few pearls to a previously made card so it fulfils the challenge criteria, I wouldn't be staying true to my own objectives. This is in no way a criticism of anyone who does do that by the way. Crafters tend to be busy people and might not have the time to make a new card for every blog challenge. *steps down from soapbox and stashes it away in a corner of the crafty nook* As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them below or use the comments form in the sidebar. I hope to have a card or two to share with you in the next few days but until then - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx