Translate

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Missing Zombies, Free Stamp and Cards for Katy Appeal

Hello crafty peeps,

Hope you all had a good weekend. Millie and Bethany kept me busy, so much so that I needed yesterday to recover! I got it wrong about The Walking Dead starting on Sunday - it actually started on SATURDAY!!! Double episode too - you'd think that such a popular programme would be repeated on 5+24 but no such luck so I've not got a clue what's happening on it and are in two minds about whether to even bother watching it next Saturday. I hate not watching series from the first episode.

Anyway only a bit of crafty news, my missing stamp set arrived yesterday with a bonus Autumn Leaves "Star" stamp as a freebie - thank you Inspired Creationz if you're reading this :). I haven't had chance to use either the Dreamees patchwork stamp or the lovely freebie stamp because I've been working on a card for a little girl called Katy who is very poorly at the moment in the USA. The call out for handmade cards for Katy has been made by Michelle from Page Master Designs (pagemasterdesignsonline.blogspot.co.uk/p/cards-for-katy.html) cut and paste this info if you want to send a homemade card of your own, you'll need to email Michelle for her home address (details are on the blog post) I'm afraid I don't have the know how to add the link so you can just click onto it (I am a secret Luddite after all lol.) but I really hope any crafters who read this will join in. The card I made is a Tatty Twinkles Fairground stamp in the carousel design. I coloured the horse in pink and pale grey with metallic pink promarker to highlight the hooves and saddle. I used the same metallic marker to colour in the pole and added lots of stars onto the background. It's then matted onto silver holographic card to add a bit of sparkle but without competing with the main image and finally it's centred onto a white textured cardblank. I still can't upload any photos from my Kodak Mini camera but once I've worked out what I'm doing I'll add photos to the blogs missing them.

I've ordered a multibuy stamp set by Sheena Douglass from Create and Craft today so I'll probably blog next when it arrives, so until then keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx