Translate

Thursday 28 August 2014

Bargains Galore!

Hello crafty peeps, welcome to my crafty nook. Just a quick post to let you all know about a few crafty bargains I picked up from town today. I went to the south side of Brid, an area I tend to avoid because in the summer months it's heaving with tourists, not a bad thing in it's self just a bit of a pain if I've got my hubby with me. For those who don't know me (yet!) my husband is registered blind and uses a long balled cane (and me) to get around, unfortunately some of the streets going towards The Spa and south beach aren't very wide and with the increased foot traffic it's almost impossible to walk side by side and sometimes we even end up in the road. I don't mind it happening to me but it really annoys me when people tut or sigh because hubby has inadvertently got in their way and delayed them for 30 seconds or worse barge into him - it makes me have a "grr" face!

That aside I did manage to get a couple of bargains on our way back at a shop called Daisy Crafts. I have been to it once before but felt that it's name was very misleading as it mainly sells fabric, trims and cross stitch kits and as a result apart from my first visit when I bought a couple of metres of different coloured pom pom trim, I've not been back. However this time they had a table set up outside with wicker baskets full of crafty goodness! I didn't have a lot of money with me but managed to get some fantastic deals, the first thing was a pack of "Funstamps" black shrink plastic normally priced at £4.50 for 4 sheets but reduced to only £1. I've used the clear and white shrink plastic before so I'm looking forward to trying out this black SP. The second thing I got was an A4 size rubber stamp sheet with oriental images by "Elite", I've not heard of this brand and if I'm honest I'm not keen on unmounted stamps that I have to cut out myself but I like the images and I have a sneaky suspicion that Oriental will be big again next year. The original price was £16.50 but it was reduced to £3.00!!! My final purchase made my jaw drop - a Tim Holtz collection (through Stampers Anonymous) called Paisley Prints CMS 011. I've not seen it before and I'm sure its an old release but I was gobsmacked to see it in the basket under all the Christmas stamps, even more so when I discovered it's price - originally £19.99 it was reduced to only £3.00!!!! Total bargain and it means I've finally fulfilled one of my crafty ambitions which is to own a Tim Holtz stamp set. Admittedly I would have preferred one of the blueprints stamp sets but bargain hunters can't be choosers and I'm just happy to have one to play with. Tim Holtz is the God Daddy of craft after all. Plus if I really like how it stamps etc I may invest in the stamp sets I really like! With limited funds I prefer at the moment to buy 3 or 4 Kaisercraft stamp sets rather than a single TH set, which to be honest seem a little over priced. Perhaps using this stamp set will change my mind.

I'm planning on returning to Daisy Craft soon as they have some DC comics fabric that I'd like to buy. My sister-in-law loves Superman and one of the images was him so I thought I'd try out the sewing machine I bought last year and make her a bag or small purse for Christmas (assuming I can get my head round the machine - my Luddite tendencies means I'm a bit scared I'll end up sewing my hand to the fabric or something!)

Well that's all my crafty news, please feel free to comment or subscribe (try the email widget - it works!) Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs, Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx