Translate

Friday 13 July 2018

Starry Impossible Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook nook! I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. As a rule I'm not particularly superstitious but I do tend to be a bit tense when it's Friday the 13th - it always seems to be a day when the mail contains unexpected bills or unwelcome visitors pop by (can't say I would personally choose to go visiting on Friday the 13th!) or niggling accidents happen - nothing particularly serious just enough to put me in a bad mood. Are you superstitious? Leave a comment below if you are.

Anyway whatever day of the week it is, I  find spending some time in my crudy crafting usually gets me out of my bad mood. As a precaution, I'm planning on having a bit of a craft session if I have the time.

I'd like to share a card I've made for one of my best friends, it's his birthday on Sunday and as I've mentioned before, I find men's cards to be particularly challenging. I've spent quite a few hours in the last couple of days trying to come up with something, I experimented with ink blended backgrounds (which would probably be easier to make if I had more than two distress oxides - as good as they are they still have limitations if you only have two colours lol) and though I like the results, nothing seemed to be the right thing so I decided to save my background s for another day and made an impossible card instead .








Although some of the star elements look red or gold in the photos, all the stars were diecut out using silver foiled cardstock.  Most of the stars were diecut out using unbranded dies from Ebay the exception being the largest star diecut which is a Crafter's Companion edge'ables die. It's actually a Christmas die but stars are great all year round. I teamed the silver stars with a deep blue card for a sophisticated look. I really like the look of this card, stars are great for men's cards and I think the silver and dark blue cardstock really go well together.

It's been pretty difficult to even get this post up because I'm using my phone again and it's now the fourth attempt writing this because everytime I accidentally moved my phone, it would delete the post without saving -- I'm being very careful not to move the phone as I type!

I hope you've enjoyed my latest make,as always if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xx xx


2 comments:

  1. WOW-stunning Card Sarah. Your friend is sure to love it.

    Hopefully Friday 13th passed by without any untoward events? There’s something about that date that always worries me too!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele. 😊

      Unfortunately Friday the 13th had it's revenge! I pre-wrote the post to add during the day and didn't feel up to changing it but I had a very rude awakening yesterday morning. My cat woke me up making a horrible noise, I rushed to the kitchen to find him about to throw up on my CD player, ran to move it out the way and slipped in a puddle of wee, did the sideward splits just as Jinx vomited on the cd player and another worktop side. I'm in my 40s, I didn't know I could do the splits! Tried shouting for my husband but he slept through it oblivious as usual. Managed to clean it up, limped to bathroom,. Stepped over the side of the bath to have a shower only for my leg to slip under me and I headbutted the wall!

      I spent the rest of the day on the sofa nervously waiting to see what else the 13th had in store. Thankfully nothing near that but I can barely move today. 😢

      Feel free to laugh - my mum did when I told her. Hope you had a good Friday the 13th.

      Crafty hugs,

      Sarah xx xx

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx