Translate

Monday 23 May 2016

Spellbound Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've had a brilliant weekend and are raring to go for the week ahead. My mum asked me to make a card for a friend's birthday who likes pastels and butterflies. I didn't want to make a card solely featuring butterflies so decided to use a new stamp set I purchased during the Crafter's Companion sale a few weeks ago.

Spellbound Birthday Card

Close up of stamped image

Lindsay Mason Designs Verse

I really love the Flights of Fantasy by Morgan Fitzsimons stamps and "Aoife" (I hope I never have to pronounce that!) is such a beautiful image. I coloured the image in with Promarkers (vanilla,blush, Sandstone, cinnamon, lilac, lavender, amethyst, blossom, pale pink, powder blue, leaf green) and went over the wings of Aoife with CC Clear Sparkle pen and then coated them with Glossy Accents. I embossed a panel of silver mirror card using a Darice wood grain embossing folder and added it behind the main topper. I cut a sheet of A4 purple card to 29cm and scored it in half at 14.5cm to make a card blank then added a panel of Sarabooks purple paper on top before adding the matted and layered topper. I added three purple gems to the bottom right hand corner as shown and stamped a sentiment inside. I die cut two small butterflies using CC Sara Signature dies and added them to the inside with dots of Glossy Accents.

I haven't added a birthday sentiment to this card in case my mum doesn't like it so I'll be able to use it for someone else if I need to plus this is such a beautiful image I thought the recipient might like to frame it afterwards (I'm thinking about doing a number of these fairies and framing them for Christmas presents).

I hope you like my latest card, I really love the images and look forward to making more cards, I'd like to experiment with different colouring mediums instead of my usual Promarkers. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx