Translate

Thursday 28 January 2016

Last Year's comp entry that I forgot to share..sorry!

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you're all well. It's hard for me to believe but it's nearly the weekend AGAIN! And nearly the end of January!!! I can't believe how quickly this year is going, it doesn't seem like five minutes since Christmas. I've managed to achieve absolutely nothing this month and haven't even started to work on my goals. *hangs head in shame*

I promised a while ago to share the final cardmaking comp entry from last year. I left this entry until the last minute (I am a procrastination princess!) something I'm definitely not going to do this year if I enter the competitions this time round - it cost me a small fortune in postage costs last year and I'm not sure I can afford to waste the money on an obvious lost cause. Anyway here are some photos of my entries, as there are quite a few of them I won't be adding instructions on how to make the two cards or project but if anyone is interested on how they were made then please leave a message and I'll be happy to share them with you.

Box with flush fitting lid - returned damaged (which is why it's bulging at one side)

Zig zag folded mini album with tags inside pockets 

Both sides of album are secured with ribbon and you open it on the right hand side to access the first six months

Tag was damaged when I got it back but I couldn't remake it as I've lost the June stamp!

Each double page covers one month and has a die cut tag in the pocket behind the journalling panel

To access July - December you flip the album to the back and open on the right hand side again

Side view of July to December pages
Now for the two cards.

8" x 8" Rock Star Easel Card with guitar stopper
Alien box card
Close up of Alien toppers
Front flap of alien box card
Back interior panel of card with Saturn image
Outside mail art for the box card
Flap of mail art envelope
Alien surprise waiting for the viewer inside the envelope - love it's evil grin lol

Might not look like much but the topper is on an Action Wobble spring!




 The video above was with the related photo but for some reason it moved to the bottom when I added the second lot of photos. I hope you like the cards and mini album, I shall be using the mini album to record my achievements of 2016 (which explains why January is empty!) Hopefully I'll have some good things to record in it in the coming months. As always if you have any questions or comments then I'd love to see them so please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx