Translate

Sunday 8 March 2015

An Anniversary Card featuring - yes you've guessed it another Morehead stamp!

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! As promised earlier, I'd like to share a first anniversary card I made for my very special friend, Adam and his lovely wife Victoria. I made this card a couple of weeks ago and I've been dying to share it with you but obviously I wanted Adam and Victoria to see it first.

First Anniversary card featuring Morehead Marriage stamp
I'm afraid I hadn't realised that the photo quality was so poor - I have some other photos which don't have the sentiment on so I'll add those to this blog too.




Victoria and Adam's wedding colour scheme last year was pink (I made the buttonholes for the wedding party) so I wanted pink to be the dominant colour on the card, I teamed this with Kraft card to stop it from being too girly. I made the flower using a die from Sizzix (can't remember which one - sorry) and I cut out five flowers which I then shaped using a Woodware Shaping Tool and the wrong side of a mouse mat. The process of rubbing the die cut flowers with the rounded end of the shaper tool against a soft surface like the underside of a mouse mat causes the fibres in the card or paper to break down and stretch as a result the petals begin to curl in upon themselves and the more you rub, the tighter the petals get. Each layer of the flowers was made by applying a little more pressure so it gets tighter and tighter towards the bud centre. Shaping with fingers helps to get the petals to layer upon each other to form the tight bud then I just layered them together using a quick drying glue.

Buttonholes for Wedding Party 2014
I thought you might like to see the flowers that I made for the wedding last year. The roses are made from handmade paper and the leaves are taken from the stems off silk flowers. Again please excuse the photo quality - this was taken using a very old camera phone.

Here are a few more photos of the first Anniversary card.




As you can probably tell from the last three posts, I'm really loving working with the Crafter's Companion Morehead stamps. Next month, Docrafts will be bringing out some more Simply Gorjuss stamps and hopefully I'll be able to get my mitts on them, and then I'll bore you all with endless blog posts featuring them! I suppose like a lot of other crafters once I fall in love with a product I tend to 'do it to death' as it were until the next lot of stamps catch my eye then I repeat the cycle until the next lot and so on. I do keep practically all my stamps though and every now and then dig out my older sets and have a play, I've invested a lot of money in my stamps and it seems foolish to get rid of them just because they've fallen out of favour. Craft styles tend to come back after a while (Oriental stamps for example) and it means it's possible to make a card in the latest style without investing in new stamps. *my penny's worth is now over*

I still have one more Mothering Sunday card to make and when I've made it (not sure of the theme yet) I'll share it here in my crafty nook. As always if you have any questions, comments, desire to let me know that someone does actually read this blog (I know you're out there - I can hear you breathing! lol) then please leave a comment in the box below or in the comments form in the sidebar. You can always come say hi on Facebook - don't be shy, I rarely bite! Until the next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx