Translate

Friday 23 January 2015

New Driver Card and haul from Every Craft's A Pound

Hello crafty peeps, welcome to my crafty nook! I can't believe it's already a week since my last post - I don't know where the time's gone. I hope you are all well and have something fun planned for the weekend -my plan is to hibernate or just hide in my crudy lol. I'm still (yes STILL!) sorting my crudy out and I've finally put away some Christmas stuff that got left on my desk after making Christmas cards last year, I thought I'd put it all away put I think it hides when I'm not looking. Because my crudy is very small I tend to have boxes stacked on top of each other and I don't have any work surfaces clear (when I'm crafting my free space is about the size of an A4 sheet of paper and when I use my trimmer it hangs off the edge of the desk) so I have to balance everything on my hip or on the floor when I'm tidying my stash (not much clear space there either) which makes putting things away turn into quite a production. Plus I'm a bit idle.

I literally have an A4 sheet of paper worth of space!

Just like last week I have my little crafty helper keeping an eye on things as I blog but instead of sitting on my head he's curled up on the pull out shelf of the computer desk - it's really sweet and he's keeping my wrists warm as they are resting on him! Only problem is I keep having to stop typing every couple of lines or so as Jinx gets fidgety if I don't stroke him regularly. Small price to pay to have a contented cat.

Passion for ProMarkers Blog Challenge week 280 - New Beginnings

New Driver card entry 

Click here to join in: promarkerchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/week-280-new-beginnings.html

As always I'm doing the Passion for ProMarkers Blog Challenge which is called "New Beginnings", I've started this project three times so far, the first two attempts were for Shhh Baby Asleep Door signs as I wanted to do something a bit different than a baby card but I ended up scrapping them as I couldn't get them to look the way I had them in my head. Then I decided to do a car themed card as my nephew is taking his driving test soon and it would be good to have a card with a purpose this week. I've had two orders from "Every Craft's A Pound" this year and ECAP has started giving away a free gift with every order - stamps this time round. The first free stamp set I got was called Vroom Vroom and has a sleek sports car as it's main image and the second stamp set I got free was called Beep Beep and has the front grill of a car with number plate style greetings to stamp in the empty registration plate. I stamped the sports car out and coloured it with red poppy and red ProMarker but couldn't get it to look shiny so I decided to cheat and coated it with some Dovecraft clear 3D pearl effects (it's a bit like a clear raised glue or Glossy Accents and is AMAZING for sticking sequins to projects - once it dries those suckers won't shift!) unfortunately it dried streaky as I didn't put an even amount on the car. Stupidly I was being a bit stingy with it as I only have one bottle (did the same with Glossy Accents, never used it as it was nearly a fiver for a bottle and now it's gone yellow!) which is really daft as it only cost £1 in the first place (will definitely be buying more bottles assuming ECAP still sell it when I place my next order). So I scrapped that idea and instead settled on a cute Mini car image from a stamp set called "New Beginnings". I stamped the image onto a panel of white card stock towards the left hand side of the card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink then masked off the area above the bonnet using a heart shaped post it note (bonnet and post it note both curve slightly) and stamped a flower half on the bonnet in the same ink, then I stamped a different flower on the door of the Mini. Both stamps came from a set I got free from Crafts Beautiful magazine in 2011 which featured cupcakes and flowers. The wheels of the car were a little patchy so I stamped them again on a spare piece of card and fussy cut round them. I coloured all images using ProMarkers then stamped some hearts (stamp used from "Scientifically Speaking - Clearly Besotted) in red ink behind the back of the car so it looks like they are coming out of the exhaust and stamped more flowers using black ink which I then coloured in. I added a black road using Black Wink of Stella which I also added to the re-stamped wheels. The door handle, bumpers, wing mirror base and trim around the headlight were coloured in using ProMarkers Metallic silver marker. I added clear Wink of Stella to the windows, flowers and lights of the image. I added the new wheels using sticky foam tape so they are slightly raised on the car. I coloured the sky using Dovecraft Brights chalks then stamped W3LL DON3 from the Beep Beep stamp set and punched out a star from glitter card which I added to just under the sentiment. I glued some sequins onto the hearts and flower exhaust plume using the Dovecraft clear Pearl Effects. Once the sequins where dry I mounted the panel onto corrugated silver card and then matted it onto black card.  I made a card blank using tie dyed card from DCWV which I think ties in nicely to the hippy style of the mini.

Close up of topper

This car is probably a bit girly for my nephew but I couldn't resist making it pink and flowery. It's taken me a lot longer than usual to make a card for this challenge after all my false starts but I'm rather pleased with how it's turned out.

Haul from Every Craft's A Pound












I couldn't resist putting in an order to ECAP after I saw all the lovely Steampunk themed metal embellishments. I've just taken a photo of the complete box of goodies as many of them are multiples of the same thing - the quality is poorer than usual and I can't take another as I've put everything away so please bare with me. My order included Papermania Chronology Clock Faces, Cogs, Keys, book plates and clock hands though they are more like game spinners than hands. Four Urban background stamps (Chronology again) three bottles of Dovecraft 3D pearl effect in black, silver and cream and an embossing folder called Diamond Frame which matches the Docraft Art Deco release from last year. My final item was the free stamp set mentioned above. Check out the latest deals at ECAP here: www.everycraftsapound.co.uk - there are loads of Crafters' Companion goodies just in.

I hope you've enjoyed sharing my card and haul from ECAP. As always if you have any questions or comments please leave them below or in the comments form in the sidebar. I have a birthday card to make this weekend for Isobel's daddy which I'll post once I've made it (unless it's too hideous to share!) so until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome card! I love how bright and fun it is!
    Thank you for joining in with us over at Passion for ProMarkers this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou. I had a lot of fun making this card. crafty hugs Sarah xx

      Delete
  2. Stunning card Sarah.Really love the fab image and wording and the bright colours are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you coops, the stamp set also has a Happy Birthday in the number plate style. crafty hugs Sarah xx

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx