Translate

Saturday 3 January 2015

Entry#1 for Passion for ProMarkers week 277 Mega Christmas Challenge

DIE CUT, FREE, GLITTER

Entry#1 for Passion for ProMarkers Mega Christmas Challenge

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all enjoying the first weekend of 2015, I'm in the middle of a huge re-organisation of my living  room and my "Crudy" after purchasing a much bigger than I thought sideboard/dresser from one of the local second hand shops using some of the Christmas money I was given by very generous relatives! The unit is 5 ft 4 " long and almost 6 ft high, my husband would love for me to get rid of some rather outdated 70's units but I rather like them so they're staying lol. Instead I'm hoping to replace a desk I've had since I was about 12 (plus a cupboard) with a rather battered but still functional black sideboard in my crudy and put the "new" oak sideboard in it's place in the living room. It means I'm going to be rather busy for quite a while emptying the black sideboard of around 800 books and various other stuff (can't really remember what's in the cupboards apart from a rather pretty coffee service), moving the sideboard out of the way and replacing it with the two halves of the new sideboard then putting everything away so Chris doesn't trip over the boxes and bags. Then I'll have to repeat the whole process in the crudy (probably even more stuff in there than the living room - I'm a craft hoarder!) To make things even more 'interesting' I'd really like to have everything sorted by Wednesday 7th Jan '15 as it's my mum's birthday and I've invited her over for a meal.

 Unfortunately I'm rather a Procrastinating Princess and I've already got distracted today making the above card for the Passion for ProMarkers blog challenge. I wasn't actually planning on entering but I've still got loads of diamond fold accordion blanks just crying out to be decorated and I treated myself to some Crafter's Companion "Scruffy Little Cat" stamps when they were in the sales (they still may be on sale so check out the Crafter's Companion Website). I've coveted these stamps for months now ever since they appeared on "Create and Craft" tv channel. I couldn't afford them at the time but I'm really glad I waited as they were only a couple of pounds each and stamp beautifully. I decided to use the Die Cuts, FREE, Glitter, choice of the craft bingo card (pearls were my FREE item). I hope the judges are ok with my interpretation of Glitter as I haven't actually used loose glitter just glitter card and glitter glue. For some extra sparkle I added black wink of stella to the main image's eyelashes, silver WOS to the bath fittings and clear WOS to the powder puff and over the eye shadow. The main image was stamped using Black Tuxedo ink and coloured in using ProMarkers. As always I apologise for the photo's quality, it doesn't do justice to the glitter card in the slightest. Below are some more photos including close ups of the ProMarker colouring.

Closed card ready for DL sized envelope

Close up of Image coloured with ProMarkers



With Added Red Glitter Hearts
I hope you've enjoyed this card share, as always if you have any comments or questions I'd love to hear from you so please leave them in the space below. I'm off to do a bit of packing and I think I hear the siren call of the crudy so I may have to do a bit of crafting too (I have to make a card for my mum!) so until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxxx

P.S. I've just had to delete then re-submit my link on Passion for ProMarkers Mega Christmas Challenge because I'd somehow managed to link my draft version of this post instead of my actual blog post - D'oh! Sorry for any confusion caused. Sarah xxx

6 comments:

  1. A fabulous card.
    Thanks for joining our Bingo challenge at Passion for Promarkers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine, I appreciate you commenting xhugsx

      Delete
  2. A very cool card. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining our Mega Challenge over at PFP. Good luck!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie - I've never done a craft bingo challenge before but it's been very enjoyable. Thanks for stopping by. xhugsx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Sarah. Thank you so much for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Good luck and Happy New Year! Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Denise. Thank you for commenting on my card - it's much appreciated xhugsx

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx