Translate

Thursday 20 November 2014

Entry For Passion for ProMarkers Challenge 274 "Entertain us".

Hello crafty peeps - welcome to my crafty nook! I had fun doing Challenge 273 over at Passion for ProMarkers and enjoyed going out of my crafty comfort zone by using lace so I've decided to enter the challenge this week too which is themed around "entertain us", this can be either inspired by a film or song so I've chosen "On Top of the World" by The Carpenters. I've always loved this song plus it gave me an excuse to use one of my favourite stamp sets - santoro's simply gorjuss...! on Top of the World.

santoro's simply gorjuss ~ ....on top of the world stamped card
Close up of image coloured with ProMarkers
A little closer still! lol


Inspired by last week's challenge to make a lace flower!

Same card but with two leaf hat pins added

Close up of lace flower with added hat pins

PRODUCTS USED:

Stamp set - santoro's simply gorjuss...! ...on top of the world.

INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink

CARDSTOCK: White 300gsm (brand unknown), Papercellar Silver card, The Works holographic card, The Works black card. Scalloped edged 8" x 8" card blank (local craft shop), DCWV cloudy sky paper from all occasions scrapbook in a stack kit.

Lace from Boyes

Gems from Poundland

Woodware Ticket corner punch

Dovecraft "Brights" Chalks (the sky)

Clear Wink of Stella Brush pen (shimmer on hair and pigeons)

Leaf Hat Pins Every Craft's A Pound

Metal World Charm taken from Avon Keyring

PROMARKERS
Skin: Almond, Sunkissed Pink
Hair: Cool Grey 3,4,5
Leggings: Cool Grey 1 and 5
Pinafore and petticoat: Ice Grey 1
Dress: Pastel Blue
Pigeons: Slate and Cool Grey 2

I hope you've enjoyed my challenge entry and if you're inspired by my card please leave a comment below with a link to your creations. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Sarah, the lace flower is gorgeous and On top of the World is on one of my all time favourite songs from the Carpenters! Thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers this week and good luck! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, I really appreciate your feedback - I've got to say for someone who doesn't like lace, I'm using it a lot since last week's challenge lol. Thanks for stopping by. Crafty hugs Sarah xx

      Delete
  2. Such pretty coloring. I love how soft it is. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love when people comment. It gives me a chance to find their blogs. :) Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle - I wasn't sure if I was going to do the song I chose or if I'd go down the "Alice in Wonderland" route so I went for pale colours as this image reminds me of the dress etc that Alice is often portrayed wearing - I know her hair is usually blonde but in all honesty I couldn't get it to look right and ended up re-doing the whole image and making her a brunette.
      Thanks for stopping by. Crafty hugs Sarah xx

      Delete
  3. Love these pale delicate colours Sarah, so pretty. I really like how you've done the lace rosette - I can never make mine look right - they always look clumpy!!! Beautiful card. Thank you for tracking me down and the congrats on the runner up prize! Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne, I'm glad you like it. TBH my first rosette looked a complete mess and was really bulky but one of the good things about using a running stitch is that once you've snipped the knot out it's easy to just pull the thread out. I found that if you fold the lace nearly in half lengthwise before sewing (I had to pin above the fold as it kept unfolding) it gives you a double layer and doesn't look so bulky. I hope you are enjoying your runner up goodies from the National Cardmaker of the Year competition. Crafty hugs, Sarah x

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx