Translate

Friday 28 November 2014

Another sprinkling of fairy dust...

Hello crafty peeps - welcome to my crafty nook! First of let me apologise for any typos that may occur on this post, I'm slowly recovering from a migraine that's laid me low for the last couple of days and as I still have the residue of it I'm trying not to look at the screen too often so I don't trigger it again - thank goodness for learning how to touch type, I'm practically doing this with my eyes closed! I've decided not to enter the Passion for Promarkers challenge this week but will be concentrating on making cards for birthdays in December so I can get them sent before the post gets clogged up with the Christmas cards etc. With that in mind I have one card to share today - another fairy sprinkles card, this time for my sister Teresa.

Fairy sprinkles Birthday Card

As you can see this card is very similar to the one I made for my sister-in-law last week. Ideally I would have liked to have made the fairy into a steampunk fairy but wasn't sure how to go about it with only very limited stamps (tbh I was afraid to start stamping gears in case I totally ruined it - I think this card is really pretty!) The main differences are the distress ink blending colours and I've layered the fairy topper onto gold holographic card instead of silver. Oh and I stamped the fairy sprinkles in black ink instead of the white I used last time which turned out to be a tactical error as it wasn't as easy to colour over the sprinkles with the jelly gel pens.

PRODUCTS USED

Lavinia Fairy Stamps free with papercraft essentials magazine

Distress Inks in: Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick

Blending tool and blending pads

Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Clear Wink of Stella Brush marker

Cream card 300gsm
Black card (The Works)
Gold holographic card (the Works)
Black Holographic Glitter card (The Works)

8" x 8" 300gsm Card blank Craft UK Limited (local craft shop £7.20 for 25 with envelopes)

Sikorea 10 colour Jelly Gel Glitter Pens

Lol just noticed a really big difference to this card and the one I did for Sue - I've forgotten to add the butterfly rub-ons! I may add them later - I quite like the card as it is.

Well that's all my craft news for now, I have a card for my nephew to make and I'm thinking Aliens or Robots would be a good choice. So until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx