Translate

Thursday 4 October 2018

I won a prize!

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you have had a good week - isn't it crazy that it's October already, it doesn't seem like five minutes since August began. Things have been busy here in my crafty nook with a lot of the dreaded housework being done (and redone several times!) and my crudy has been half emptied ready for yet another inspection being done which makes it 9 in the past 12 months though I am including the work resulting from one of the inspections as it caused a lot of disruption and stress. Hopefully this one and the one in two weeks will be the last of them for a while and we can get back to normality. As annoying as this all is there will be a positive outcome out of it, as about half of my stash is now in the lounge I'm planning on giving my crudy a thoroughly good clean then I'm going to go through my stash to see what I can donate or pass out to my young nieces. I know for a start that I have a Care Bears stamp kit unused in my stash that I'm sure my nieces would love to play with, I think I have a couple of others in my stash too along with a sticker maker which I've never used (in a huge box which takes up a considerable amount of room!) The more stuff I can rehome will have mean I have more room for new stuff! Which is a good thing because I have an Every Craft's A Pound order coming Friday - I should point out that a number of items are either Christmas presents or to be put away for next Easter (ooh aren't I organised!) Even with the presents to take into account I'm still going to need to make some room for my new goodies. Some new goodies I got recently was a lovely envelope of yumminess from Making Cards & Papercraft magazine - they recently had a question on their Facebook page and the best answers will be printed in their magazine, my answer was chosen as the best one (FYI, in the private message the answer was described as being informative and insightful *proud face*) my prize is a huge selection of items from Dovecraft's Christmas Village collection including papers is in 12"x12" and 6"x6", a decoupage stack, felt embellishments, stamps and matching dies and even gold coloured bells. I felt very inspired by the collection and it came at just the right time too because I wanted to make something using Trimcraft products so I could apply for the DT callout which closed on the 30th September. I made an acetate easel shaker card using the 6"x6" papers and one of the cute images from the decoupage pack and added some chunky gold glitter to make it into a shaker card. My second project using the collection was a set of 4 mini Christmas crackers, they don't have snaps in them because the ones I have were much too long so I added a couple of the bells to each one with some Baker's twine from my stash. I'm writing this on my phone so apologies for any typos that happen after the fact (some times words change for no reason) and for the fact there isn't any paragraphs - my phone likes to eat them! As always if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting! Crafty hugs, Sarah xx xx

2 comments:

  1. Well done on winning a prize-great news.
    Both your projects are fantastic.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele, I really enjoyed making them. 😆

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx