Translate

Sunday 23 September 2018

Cardmaker of the Year 2018 Competition Entry.

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a great weekend, it's not been too bad here but you can tell the seasons have changed and there's a bit of a nip in the air especially in the morning. I hope whatever the weather, you've managed to get some crafting done. The closing date for the CMOTY competition was the 14th September which was a good week or so ago and I think it's about time I shared the three cards I sent in as my entry. I'll be quite honest with you, I was in two minds about entering the competition because although I had a lot of ideas and had made a few things towards the cards, I didn't really have anything completed before Jinx fell ill then passed away. As you will know his death has really hit me hard and I've not felt up to doing much apart from housework (mindless distraction)which is pretty much a reversal of my usual inclinuation. Making a wedding card for our neighbours gave me the creative jolt I needed and I liked the card I made so much I decided to replicate it as one of the three cards needed, two thirds of the second card was diecut out and just needed assembling, once those two cards were made I just needed to come up with a third card. After a lot of failed attempts I finally decided to make an acetate flip circle card using the dies my lovely husband bought me for Valentine's Day this year. I love making acetate cards and after a quick internet search failed to come up with any acetate flip circle cards on Pinterest etc I decided to have a go at making one. I will say that acetate can be quite challenging to work with, it doesn't diecut smoothly and you get white lines where you score but I still think it gives a card a real wow factor especially when teamed with kinetic elements. I wanted to deliver a more professional entry this year so made bespoke envelopes for each card and a matching tag in an attempt to stand out from the other entries - I don't know if I've succeeded and I probably haven't even placed but I'm rather proud of myself for even entering at a very challenging time. Anyway enough blathering, as is the norm at the moment I'm adding this blog post using my phone so the photos will appear after the text and all the paragraphs I've stringently added will vanish without a trace once this post goes live so apologies for that. Hopefully the photos will be consecutive and not mixed up like they have been the last couple of posts. As always if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting! Love and crafty hugs, Sarah xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. WIW-Sarah, they’re all stunning!! My favourite is the gift box of flowers-just beautiful.
    Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele, the box of flowers is probably my favourite too. I thought it would be a good card for people ill in hospital because a lot of them don't allow real flowers these days and this card is a cheery way to give flowers without upsetting the hospital. 🙂

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx