Translate

Thursday 18 May 2017

A non card post - useful info in case my computer goes wrong (AGAIN!) with Windows 10

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I seem to be constantly apologising for not posting very often at the moment and this blog is no exception. I am truly sorry for the delay between posts but Windows 10 on our computer went wrong and we couldn't sign in. To compound the problem, trying to fix it made the problem worse and we couldn't actually log into the computer itself which meant we couldn't reset it or anything. We ended up paying £70 to have it fixed but someone on Facebook saw a comment I'd made about how rubbish I thought Windows 10 was and gave me the information listed below. I have saved it onto a new document but then twigged that if Windows 10 messes up again I won't be able to access the folder. Until we locked ourselves out of the computer totally, we did still have internet access plus my blog is one of the few things my phone allows me to access with it's limited internet so I thought I'd add a blog post with the pertinent information just in case - I hope you'll excuse the non crafty post.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK, PLEASE DO NOT HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE IF YOU TRY IT AND MAKE THINGS WORSE, to be honest I'm only adding it to my blog because that's the one place I know for definite I can access if anything goes wrong again because I can access the posts on my phone (unable to add posts via the phone though).

* Hold-and-press or right-click on Start menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) from menu.
* Within Command Prompt, type the command below:


REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\XblAuthManager /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

and press Enter to execute it.
* Then restart the system to take effects.
If that is still not working, you might need to clear the local stored Xbox identity data
* Open the File Explorer, access the location by coying it and paste into the address bar:
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
* Delete the Accounts and Cache folders completely, and start Xbox app again to check if you login the app fine.



I will be adding another blog post featuring actual cards in the next couple of days, until then I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend (only a couple of weeks until the next Bank Holiday!) Until then, keep crafting.

Crafty hugs and love,

Sarah xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx