Translate

Sunday 28 May 2017

A New Challenge and a few cards to share.

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend. We haven't had the forecast thunderstorms though it has gone very overcast, it did the same yesterday but no rain to relieve the pressure. Michele and I have decided on our next challenge and it's a good one to do yourself if you have the latest issue of Quick Cards Made Easy magazine. The free covermount gift this month is a Nautical card making kit which contains die cut pieces, patterned papers and four printed card blanks. We have challenged each other to make a card that's not featured in the magazine (so no CASE cards) using the kit and basic cardmaking supplies. In addition we can use twine or ribbon, gems (in all their forms so pearls and enamel dots are ok too), Card Candi, brads and embossed card but like the first challenge the kit items must be the main event as it were. It would be brilliant if some of you joined in too - I don't have the expertise to link your cards to the blog directly but if you decide to join in then either leave a link to your blog in the comments section and I'll link it in a blog post when the challenge is over or email me a photo (like Michele did in the first challenge) with a few details about yourself and what you used to make the card and I can add them to the completed challenge blog post. We've decided the deadline for the challenge should be the middle of June so that we can challenge each other again for the last two weeks so please try and get your entries in by the 15th of June 2017. If you don't have the magazine feel free to share your cards anyway if they are nautical themed (I don't know about you but I have a lot of seaside and ocean themed stuff in my stash) just let me know what you've used. Please don't be shy, I love to see what people make and sharing is caring (unless it's germs!)  😍

I've made a few cards recently but haven't had chance to share them on my blog so I thought I'd just do a gallery style blog post (though without the fancy graphics or music lol) for the rest of this piece.

















I've kept the photos smaller than usual just because there are so many of them and a lot of them are the same card but taken from a different angle. I hope you like my card share, if you want to know how a particular card has been made then please leave a comment in the usual places and I'll either answer your question in the comments section or I'll add a new blog post. On Wednesday I'll be sharing a Wedding Card and a New Baby Card so please look out for that and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards-is the vase of flowers made with a magazine freebie? My crazy friend would just love the 3rd card-she cat mad!!!

    Looking forward to starting our next challenge.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle - yes it is :) I can't remember which magazine it came with though (all I remember is the cellophane packaging ripped apart when I opened it and now I can't find the cardboard part just the stamps!) The cat card was for my downstairs neighbour when her husband was in York hospital for a month a few weeks ago. They have a cat called Tumble (which looks nothing like the one on the card lol) so I thought the cat would cheer her up as it's so sweet. I'll stamp you some out if you'd like and send you them. Just let me know.

      I'm really looking forward to our next challenge too - only problem is I can't find the card kit lol, that's definitely a sign to muck out the crudy lol.

      Crafty hugs,

      Sarah xxx

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx