Translate

Friday 22 April 2016

Happy News

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. It's rather chilly here on the east coast but that just means it's perfect crafting weather. I don't actually have a card or project to share today, I'm still poorly so haven't been in my crudy much the past week. However, I do have some crafty news to share. The first thing I want to share is I've won a giveaway on Facebook! My prize of a paper crimper hasn't arrived yet but I'm really looking forward to having a play, as you probably know my husband is sight impaired so I try to add a lot of texture to the cards I make him so if he can't see the card (his sight isn't constant) then at least he's be able to feel the different layers and textures to it. This tool will be perfect for adding some texture in a different way so I'm thrilled to be one of the winners.

My second piece of news is even better! A few posts ago I hinted that I'd have some exciting news to share and now I can. I uploaded a Verity Rose Mother's Day card last month on the Crafter's Companion's Facebook page and the following day I got a private message from the Media Manager for Crafter's Companion who'd seen my card and wanted to feature it in the next issue of Crafter's Inspiration Magazine, she asked me to send a photo of the card via email to the magazine which I did. Unfortunately because I only have a Mini Kodak digital camera which only takes small file photos it wasn't suitable for publication (don't really understand the ins and outs of digital camera files - I've never had a problem uploading photos on my blog - apart from blurry images of course - or on Facebook) so I arranged for my mum to give me the card back so I could get my dad-in-law to scan it and email it to me. That didn't work though so my lovely sis-in-law Sue took a photo with her iPhone and emailed that to me. Luckily that was big enough and I've been waiting for the magazine to come out so I could order a copy. I managed to get it ordered on Wednesday and it came yesterday in the post. The card is in the letter page (they cobbled a letter together from my emails!) and it looks really good. Here's a couple of photos of it.



I really love the sweet comments Sara Davies wrote and I'm looking forward to receiving my £10 gift voucher. I've only got Cupcake to buy in the Verity Rose sets (there are some additional dies and a paper pad too) and as they are no longer available to buy as a collection, I might put this voucher towards it or there are some fantastic stamps and dies in the new Men's collection that I might get instead. I've had cards published in magazines before (I've even won a comp or two!) but this is the first time I've been approached via Facebook so I feel very honoured to have the card appear in such a brilliant magazine.

I hope you've enjoyed sharing my bits of good news, hopefully I'll have some cards to share soon, as I said at the beginning of the post I am still suffering from the bug/infection/dreaded lurgy I got nearly three weeks ago though thankfully I'm not as bad as I have been. I'm really lacking in energy and motivation as a result so it's a bit of a struggle to get my bum off the sofa and into the crudy but I will try to get some cards made over the weekend.  As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx