Translate

Saturday 16 May 2015

100th Birthday Card for Winnie

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to crafty nook! I'm sure a lot of crafters who are on Facebook will have heard about the appeal by Age UK and BBC Radio Sheffield to make Winnie's 100th birthday very special. Winnie doesn't have any family and rarely has any contact with the outside world so an appeal was sent out on Facebook asking for people to send a card or a letter to brighten up her 100th birthday on the 31st May 2015. The response has been amazing and I'd like to share the card that I will be sending on Tuesday once I've got some money (I have stamps but this card is definitely going to be a small package).

Bookatrix Easel Card

Dufex Foiled decoupage 100 topper stopper for Easel

Card folded flat for envelope
I used my Glitter Girls Bookatrix Embossing board to make the book shaped layers of my card and embellished it with some satin finish decoupage flowers - I made them up quite a while ago so I've no idea what brand they are. I used silver peel offs for the personalised greeting and added the candle peels offs on the bottom of the page which I coloured in using Sakora gelly roll pens (Glaze and metallic mainly). The stopper for the easel was made using Dufex Foiled pansy decoupage age topper and I angled it so the top part was higher than the bottom using foam pads at the top and glue at the bottom. It was surprisingly difficult to come up with a card to make this lady because apart from the fact she's lived in Sheffield all her life and is called Winnie there's very little information provided so the things I normally theme my cards round (hobbies, favourite colours/animals/insects etc) weren't available. I hope this card helps to bring a smile to Winnie's face (and also pray that she isn't totally overwhelmed by the response! One FB user suggested that it would be great if she had a card for every day she's been alive but that would mean she'd have to open 36,525 cards and she'd probably end up with a RSI and have to display them in a warehouse, not her home!)

If you have any questions about this card/appeal then please leave them in the usual places and/or click onto my Facebook badge, the shared post with the details are dated 14th May 2015. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx