Translate

Saturday 30 September 2017

No, Not Another Hover Card...

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, it is a glorious day here on the Yorkshire coast and I'm spending it catching up on housework while my hubby is out with his family for lunch and a catch up. It's strange but I'm a lot more productive when he's out of the flat then when he's at home - it could be that subconsciously I'm resentful that I'm doing the work while he's sitting/laying listening to his book or sport on the radio and drag my feet as a result which is very passive aggressive of me! I wonder why I'm not equally PA about it when he's out enjoying a nice meal?? I shall blame my inner child - she can be a bit of a brat sometimes and quite frankly needs a bit of a spanked bottom! lol Well I hope you all enjoyed that little insight! Let's get back to the important stuff in life - crafting! (btw I'm writing this in 15 minute bursts, I do some chores then add a paragraph or two, then get back to the housework.)

I was planning on sharing my revamped Hover Card design but to be honest I haven't got around to making it, it's been one of those weeks plus Papercraft Magazines and Craft Stash UK have been running a card competition on Facebook to celebrate Thinking of You Week. The first competition closed on Friday at 12pm and was a thinking of you card with a sweet sentiment as the theme and there's also a second competition that needs to be a 'say it with nature' card - the competition closes on Sunday. I was planning on combining the hover card with the sweet sentiment card but when I'd coloured the image I wanted to use I realised that the topper was far too big and would make the card topple over. I made this card instead.






The main image is a 'The World of Tatty Buttons' stamp and the side panel sentiment is a Kaisercraft stamp. The inside sentiment is a Katy Sue Designs stamp. I used 300 gsm Sheena's Stamping card for the stamping and the card blank and the paper is from a Dovecraft 8" x 8" paperpack called 'Sweet Paris', The gold photo corners are by Scrapbook Adhesive. I used a combination of Promarkers and Spectrum Noir Shimmer brush markers to colour the images. I added a layer of Glossy Accents to the umbrella, rain drops, puddles and Tatty's button on her dress.

I hope you like my latest make, hopefully I will get around to making the revamped hover card and the challenge card for the craft stash/papercraft magazines Facebook competition. *Shock Face* I've just noticed the date so I'll also be sharing the cards Michele and I came up with using the Enchanted Garden stamp and die set in the next couple of days. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great card Sarah-love the sentiment.

    Good luck with both Facebook competitions & I can't wait to see your Gnome cards.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Michele - I love that sentiment too.

      I'll be adding the blog post tomorrow for the Gnome cards.

      Crafty hugs,

      Sarah xxx

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx