Translate

Monday 25 September 2017

Hover Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you all had a brilliant weekend - we've had some very lovely weather the last couple of days with lots of sun and high temperatures, a great start to autumn.

I'd like to share a new card style today, something called a hover card (I think that needs a bit of work!) so called because the topper 'hovers' when you open the card. In all honesty it doesn't so much hover as hang there limply but I've a twist in mind which might make topper at least move with a bit more enthusiasm (if a piece of card can be enthusiastic lol) then it does at present but that is a card for next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CizLzGWsLKM If you click this link it will take you to the video on youtube that showcases this new technique - I feel it's superfluous to write blog instructions if I'm just repeating what I've already watched (unless I tweak the recipe as it were) which is why I tend to link the original video tutorial rather than writing one (I'm not being lazy - honest!)










Originally I was planning on giving this card to my niece who turns three a couple of days after my birthday but I'm ever so slightly creeped out by the panda's expression - I feel like the panda belongs on a bear version of 1984 (big panda is watching you!) - so I'm not sure if it's suitable for a three year old. I've also managed to get a dirty mark on it thanks to my 'dear' cat Jinx who likes to go to sleep on my cards and craft supplies so I'll have to make a new one in any case hopefully sans the sinister expression lol. I used a bear face die to make the panda and coloured all the black areas and shapes with a Spectrum Noir black shimmer brush marker, I'm not positive but I think it was with the silver and gold pen set (3 colours in a pack £12.99). The gorgeous pink heart paper is from a Trimcraft 6" x 6" Whizz Kids paper pack and has an embossed finish to it.

I hope you like my latest make, apart from having to die cut the face three times, it's quite an easy card to make and the 'hovering' element is certainly fun. Like I wrote earlier I have an idea in my head that may make the hovering part more impressive and I will be sharing the card I make in a day or two - assuming it works of course lol. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

2 comments:

  1. The card looks great. It would be a really good style for Christmas cards.

    Looking forward to seeing your revised version.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele - I'll have to try making a Christmas card, ideally the topper has to be symmetrical so a bauble or simple Christmas tree would work well.

      It'll be the weekend before I make the revised versions as I keep finding Facebook competitions to enter instead.

      Crafty hugs,
      Sarah xxx

      Delete

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx