Translate

Sunday 24 July 2016

Magical Unicorns Pop Up Box Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend, although the weather's now cloudy the heat is unrelenting - it was 76.6 F in my crudy during the early hours of this morning and completely airless. It's officially the summer holidays in Bridlington now so I'm hoping for a good thunderstorm to clear the air and freshen things up! Obviously I don't want it to rain the entire 6 weeks but a shower or two soon would be most welcome. Enough weather talk - let's talk crafting!

I really should have made this card a couple of weeks ago as it's a thank you card for Quick Card Made Easy magazine. As you'll know if you read the previous post, I won a couple of giveaways on Facebook (don't hate me but I've actually won another prize but from Orangina (not on FB) this time!). The second prize came last week (finally!) and when I've made stuff with my nieces I'll post a couple of photos (pending their mum's permission of course!) so you can see what we make - it's a pirate themed fun box so it should be quite good. Obviously my favourite prize is the MFT Magical Unicorns because they're unicorns! I've had an idea buzzing around my head for a few weeks about what sort of thank you card to make and finally settled on a pop up box card because let's face it a pop up box card has a lot of wow factor and isn't that difficult to make (usually - not sure if it's the weather but I kept mucking the card base up and this card has taken me nearly 3 days - on and off - to make!). It isn't quite what I'd imagined but I'm pleased with how it's turned out.

MFT Magical Unicorns Pop Up Box Card

Close up of Pop Up Elements

The Clouds are made using a CC Die'sire Die


Every Cloud should have a silver lining especially when saying Thank You

Rainbow Unicorn on one of the side flaps

Back Panel with die cut clouds
I don't have the matching dies yet so I've had to fussy cut all the stamped images which is why the castle in the clouds is without it's flags. I coloured all the images using Flex Markers and I added a layer of Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter brush marker over the castle and unicorns, the clouds were cut out using a CC set of dies and I added a layer of glossy accents to the top cloud on the back panel. I really like how this card turned out and I'm thinking of making a similar one for my niece's birthday next month (though I have kind of promised her a cheer leader card so I'll see what her mum thinks). I shall be posting this card to QCME magazine in the next few days along with a letter of thanks, hopefully they'll like it too and know how much I appreciate my fantastic prize. As the second prize is for the girls, I thought we could make a card together to say thank you at a later date.

I'll be making a couple of cards tonight but as they are for rather sad occasions I'm not sure it's appropriate to share, hopefully I'll have some cheery cards to share soon. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual place and until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx