Translate

Monday 19 September 2016

Another Twisted Gatefold Card

Hello crafty peeps and welcome to my crafty nook! I hope you've had a brilliant weekend, the weather here has been a bit hit and miss and I think summer is actually over now *sad face*, at least the warm sunny weather of last week has gone and been replaced with lots of low clouds making it very dark and dull teamed with spots of rain. It's also been very cold the last day or two and my husband wanted to put the heating on but I was a mean wife and said no - I refuse to have the central heating on until my birthday at the earliest! To compound my misery, I've come down with a bit of a cold so I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment not helped by the fact that Chris and I watched the last episodes of season 5 "Games of Thrones" last night on DVD and we don't have season 6 - how will we cope???

I have managed to have another go at making a twisted gatefold card, these look quite complicated but they are actually really easy and it's all down to scoring. To make a twisted gatefold card, cut a sheet of A4 card down to 21 cm by 14 cm and score at 7 cm and 14 cm on the longest side. I use a Hougie board for my scoring and have drawn a line all the way down on the score board at the 15 cm mark using a black marker just for cards like this one. Line the top right outside corner of the right hand panel of your scored card blank up with the black line on your score board and slide the card over until the bottom left hand scored line on the inside of right hand panel is on the black line and score diagonally corner to corner. Move the card across so that the left hand panel right hand score line is on the black line and slide the card over until the bottom left hand outside corner is lined up and score as before. Fold these scored panels back on themselves and the two triangles resulting should match each other and meet when the card is closed to form a halved rectangle panel. Decorate as desired. Here is my version - you may notice that I scored opposite to how I described but it works either way as long as the other side is scored the opposite way to the first diagonal score line.








I've made this card to send to Amy Gray as a thank you for sending me the door embossing folder and stamp set last week. I decorated the card using Crafters' Companion Sara Signature 6" x 6" Floral Delight and I used a couple of stamps from a Forever Friends collection (the canvas thank you sticker came from the FF Kraft Notes collection). I added a couple of punched out silver stars to the sentiment and coloured the FF bear using Flexmarkers.

I really like the Kraft/ white combo of the papers and tried to colour the FF bear to match. The only downside to this card is it's quite difficult to find an envelope that it'll fit into and I'll probably end up making one for it. It will actually fold in on itself but then the recipient won't get the effect of the card when they open the envelope which would kind of make the whole process a bit redundant.

I hope you like my latest card, hopefully my cold won't get any worse and I'll feel well enough to make some more cards soon. As always if you have any questions or comments then please leave them in the usual places. Until next time - keep crafting!

Love and crafty hugs,

Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your feedback and questions about this blog so please leave me a comment - let's spread the crafty love...

Sarah xxx